1. Do I have to stay during the event to take care of my stuff? No. You are welcome to come during the event and help if you would like.
2. How much will it cost for me to participate? There is a $10 Consignor fee.
3. What items will you accept?
In season (March Event = Spring/Summer Items, October Event Fall/Winter Items) and up-to-date infant, children, junior, maternity, and Adult clothing (Adult & Junior Clothing is limited to 15 items per gender), children’s & adult shoes (Adult Shoes is limited to 10 pair per gender), furniture, home décor, strollers, highchairs, baby equipment, riding toys, bedding, feeding items, bows, hats, gymnastics and dancewear, books, videos, toys, games, play and sports equipment, and car seats no older than 5 years (toys must have batteries). PLEASE CALL 1-800-424-9393 FOR RECALL INFORMATION.
4. What items will you NOT accept?
No items tagged with straight pins, Tagging Guns, or any other tags except those printed from our Website (www.finderkeeperssale.com) on White or Off White CARDSTOCK or Properly Prepared 3X5 index cards!!!, NO DROP-SIDE CRIBS, NO Stuffed Animals unless battery operated, NO Out of Date Clothing & Furnishings (We want to offer the best), NO Items that are Stained or Extremely Worn, NO Dirty Toys, NO McDonald Toys in Grab bags, Dirty Furniture, or Dirty Baby Equipment, NO Items with Missing Buttons, Broken Zippers, or Lost Parts. NO Big TVs (Only Flat screen TVs). NO VHS Tapes. NO Prom, Wedding, or Pageant Dresses. NO Magazines, College Books,Outdated Books, encyclopedias. NO Items with offensive odors (Smoke, Mothballs, Pets, etc.)
***ITEMS will be inspected at drop off & We reserve the right to refuse any item & to pull any item that is not acceptable during inspection & after Drop Off.***
5. How do I hang pants on a hanger? Safety pin the waistband of the pants or shorts to the top of the hanger. When hung this way all of the pant can be seen without removing it from the hanger. NO Pants allowed hung over the hanger.
6. How do I hang sets? Hang the shirt on the hanger, and the shorts or pants on the back. You can safety pin the waistband to the cross bar of the hanger. This puts the weight of the pants on the hanger and not the shirt.
7. Are jeans considered seasonal? No, children wear pants year around.
8. Will you take all my items? It is often easy to miss a spot or tear when you are getting lots of items ready at home. Please don’t be offended if we ask you to take back some of your items. We will be screening items as to maintain the quality of the event.
9. What if I am not sure how to price the items? We suggest that you price items 50-70% off of retail value. It is also good to consider “What would I be willing to pay?”
10. How do I tag books and toys? You can secure the Printed TAG to the item with tape.
11. How do I secure small pieces and parts to toys and equipment? Place them in a resealable storage bag and tape it closed. You can tape or safety pin the bag to the item. Please write your consignor number and what item the parts go to on the bag. (just in case they are separated)
12. Should I iron my clothes? Wrinkled clothes do not sell! Please do what is necessary to make your clothes look clean and nice. Remember, the better they look, the more likely they are to sell!
13. Should I assemble my items? Yes. Assembled beds, Large Children Toys, and furniture. They sell better when they can be seen put together.
14. How can I come to the presale? The presales are for volunteers, consignors, & new moms. Join the fun and shop early.
15. Can I volunteer even if I am not a consignor? Yes. Call to pick a date and time.
16. Can I bring my children to the event? Children are allowed in the Public Sale but must be accompanied & watched by an Adult. It is NOT recommended that Children 10 & Under come to Drop Off & Pre Sale.
17. What if I do not pick my unsold items up? Items NOT PICKED UP by pick-up time will be considered DONATED!!
18. Can a friend pick up my items? Yes and No. We will release your items to a friend with a signed note from you. This note must include your name, consignor number, and the name of the person picking up the items. However, we will only give checks to spouses (if we have their name and they have ID) or the consignor. We will mail your check on Monday if a friend picks up your items.